In general, the Acer hard drive repair, whether mechanical or solid, have such a useful life that allows their continued use without major concerns throughout the entire productive cycle of the computer. However, either by accident or by manufacturing errors, this important element of computers, which stores all our data, can fail and block their access, which will undoubtedly cause many problems to its owner.
This Post aims to provide seven tips to Acer hard drive repair in case of failure
- Prevention: backup of the most sensitive data: The latest operating systems on the market have tools for automatic backups of the computer or folders selected by the user. This duplication of information is essential in case of loss of information. In case you want to store images, videos or documents on an external disk, if these data are of special importance to the user, it is advisable to make backups on another disk.
For this reason, a device to take into account is a NAS, which allows network backup and share contents within homes or mount two hard drives in a single external box using a RAID configuration. That is, it consists of a redundant data system. At least two hard disks of equal capacity are required. In this way, if one of them is damaged, the other still retains the original data.
- Check and repair the disk periodically: One of the most common problems with hard disks is that some sectors of the disk fail or that the information recorded on it is corrupted. For this reason, if you notice a greater noise, heating the disk or a drop in the overall performance of the system, it is advisable to use a disk verification tool.
Both Windows and Mac have on the operating system with ‘Scandisk’ and ‘Disk Utility’, respectively, to perform this task. Another application recommended for the Windows operating system is Test Disk. This application has different options to recover deleted partitions or disk boot. However, due to its environment of use, it is necessary to have some knowledge to use it.
- Disable USB keys, memory cards and external hard disks before removing them: USB keys are usually damaged by misuse when disconnected from the computer. For this reason, it is advisable to disable them first and remove them safely, because if this is done when you are transcribing some data to the Acer hard drive repair, it can be stored corrupt, which could have consequences. In Windows, in the event of a USB failure, you can try to recover from the MS-DOS console. To do this, you must access ‘System symbol’ and run ‘chkdsk Z: / r’, where Z: the letter of the damaged disk drive.
- What to do in case the internal hard disk fails: In the event of a malfunction of the computer’s hard drive, the only way to repair it is to boot the computer from a CD / DVD, USB or network. One option is to do so using the operating system installation or recovery disk. In Windows, you can try to boot the disk by pressing F8 to enter into system repair mode or “fail-safe”.
In case of failure, you can try to boot the system from an external device. To do this, according to the computer, it is necessary to access the BIOs to change the order of the boot system. In this way, the computer first looks for a CD or USB, instead of the internal hard disk. Another option for users with the Windows operating system is to repair bad sectors using the Hiren’s Boot application.
This application is installed on a USB key to boot the computer from there and access your disk recovery tool. On computers with Mac OS X, pressing the ‘Command (on both sides of the spacebar) + R’ key at startup starts in recovery mode and you can access the ‘Disk Utilities’ application to check and repair the internal hard disk of the computer.
- Repair the disk using software: There are some applications for both Windows and Mac Os X that allow you to recover information from bad sectors of the hard disk. In Windows, one of the most outstanding utilities is HDD Regenerator, which allows you to recover corrupted data from a disk. It has an option to create a recovery system that boots from a USB in case of failure on the internal hard disk of the computer. On Mac computers, there is DiskWarrior with a similar price.
- Low level format: In case the disk has become unusable, one option is to try to format it at low level. This format allows you to recover disks that are inaccessible, although not the files that were previously recorded on it. One of the most important Windows applications is DD Low Level Format Tool.
- Before Throwing the Disc: If the problem of a mechanical hard drive is hardware, some domestic recovery methods may be used. These methods do not always work and should be taken as a last resort before giving the disk for lost. First you can try to freeze the disk. Many times the problems of the hard disks are due to the superheating of the internal mechanism, composed by different plates that dilate.
Applying cold in the freezer for twelve hours and having the disc inside a sealed bag, so that moisture does not affect you, you can return the dish to its place. Another option is to change the site hard disk, like putting it face down or sideways to check if it works again.
You can contact us @ 0557503724 for Acer laptop Hard disk repair services in Dubai. We are providing all kind of services in Dubai, UAE. And you can Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.